LC-MS / MS is recognized as the gold standard for many clinical laboratory applications. In this two-part webinar, listen to clinical chemistry experts Dr Andrew Davison and Dr Rachel Carling explain why LC-MS / MS is needed to advance clinical laboratory medicine.
To kick off the session, Davison will focus on personalized medicine needs and how mass spectrometry can make a difference in the laboratory service. Next, Carling will highlight how easy it can be to implement fully automated LC-MS / MS technology into a routine clinical laboratory workflow, through an evaluation of the first fully automated LC-based clinical analyzer. MS / MS: the Cascadion SM Clinical analyzer1.
Part 1: Has mass spectrometry provided the answers to the needs of personalized medicine?
Presented by Dr Andrew Davison, Consultant Clinician Scientist and Clinical R&D Manager, Liverpool University Teaching Hospitals, Liverpool, UK
Part 2: Evaluation of the Thermo Scientific â¢ Cascadion â¢ SM Clinical Analyzer in the Clinical Laboratory: Vitamin D and Immunosuppressive Drugs
Presented by Dr Rachel Carling, Consulting Scientist and Director of Biochemical Sciences, Viapath-St Thomas’ Hospital, London, UK
Key learning objectives:
- Benefits of LC-MS / MS technology in the clinical laboratory
- If mass spectrometry has the answers to personalized medicine needs
- How the Cascadion SM Clinical Analyzer Can Provide a Turnkey Solution for Clinical Laboratories to Easily Access the Power of LC-MS / MS
- LC-MS / MS applications: Vitamin D and therapeutic pharmacological monitoring of immunosuppressants
Who should be present:
- Clinical players, hospitals and reference laboratories
- Laboratory directors, laboratory managers, quality managers, IT managers
- Clinical laboratory scientists and technicians
Thermo Fisher Scientific