The American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) will hold its 40th Annual Scientific Meeting in New York, New York, July 13-16, 2022.
Among sessions on new therapies in retinal care, latest technologies in ophthalmology and educational courses, the results of the Preferences and Trends Survey (PAT) and the Global Trends Survey will be presented during this year’s annual meeting of the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS).
The ASRS 40th Annual Scientific Meeting will be held July 13-16, 2022 in New York, New York, and virtually. Each day of the meeting will feature the latest in wet and dry age-related macular degeneration, surgery and diabetic retinopathy.
Among the clinical presentations are results on dosing strategies with anti-vascular endothelial growth factor and the efficacy of triamcinolone acetonide suprachoroidal injectable suspension for treating macular edema.
There are also 5 last minute presentations:
- Real-world efficacy, durability, and safety of faricimab in neovascular age-related macular degeneration: the TRUCKEE study
- Phase IIIb TALON Study Comparing Brolucizumab Versus Aflibercept in a Matched Treatment and Extension Regimen to Treat Neovascular AMD: 32-Week Primary Results
- 12-Month Results of EYP-1901 Vorolanib in a Bioerodible Durasert Insert for n AMD: The DAVIO Trial
- Benefits and Value of Diabetic Macular Edema Treatment
- Phentolamine Ophthalmic Solution Rapidly Reverses Pharmacology-Induced Mydriasis in Two Pivotal Phase 3 MIRA Trials
In addition to the clinical presentations, there will be a transformative technology roundtable and multiple presentations during a section of the technology symposium. Technology presentations include one on smartphone-based home vision monitoring, which won the Fellows Forum Award.
On Friday, the ASRS will present 9 awards, including the 2022 Founders Award, the ASRS Presidents Retina Young Investigators Award, and the Retina Hall of Fame Award.
Finally, the ASRS annual meeting will include the latest results from the annual PAT survey and the Global Trends Survey. These surveys look at technologies used, therapies prescribed, what influences treatment decisions, and more. Respondents are both based in the United States and overseas.
The ASRS meeting will end on Saturday, July 16 with poster and film awards.